The Clinical Skills Center is a dynamic collection of educational activities providing hands-on learning and interactive self-study. Learn how to safely perform common procedures, refine interpretive skill, and update physical examination skills in a unique, small-group learning environment.
Clinical Skills Center workshop titles, descriptions, and complete schedule will be posted in the fall.
Advance Registration for Clinical Skills Center Activities
Effectively pre-plan your meeting experience, manage your schedule, and ensure your seat for the ticketed activities you want to attend by registering in advance for Clinical Skills Center activities. Purchase a reserved ticket ($10 per activity) to guarantee admittance to the activities of your choice, at the time you want, and avoid waiting in line. Registration for Clinical Skills Center activities will be open in the fall.
Past Clinical Skills Center Workshops Have Included:
- 21st Century Bedside Medicine Skills
- Arthrocentesis and Bursal Injections
- Building Your Ultrasound Portfolio: Image Review and Feedback
- Cardiac Diagnosis with Harvey®, the Cardiopulmonary Patient Simulator
- Chronic Leg Wound Management
- Dermatologic Image Interpretation
- Diagnosis-Driven Physical Examination of the Knee
- Diagnosis-Driven Physical Examination of the Shoulder
- ECG Interpretation Skills
- Foot and Ankle Disorders
- Function-Focused Gait Assessment
- Incision and Drainage of Abscesses
- Intraosseous Catheter Placement
- Ophthalmoscopic Skills
- Skin Biopsy and Cryosurgery
- Suturing Skills
- Toenail Removal
- Ultrasound-Guided Central Venous Line Placement
- Ultrasound-Guided Lumbar Puncture
- Ultrasound-Guided Paracentesis
- Ultrasound-Guided PICC Line Placement
- Ultrasound-Guided Thoracentesis
- Ultrasound Image Analysis Skills
Clinical Skills Center Hours of Operation
Thursday, 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
Friday, 7 a.m.-6 p.m.
Saturday, 8 a.m.-3 p.m.