The Herbert S. Waxman Clinical Skills Center is a dynamic collection of educational activities providing hands-on learning and interactive self-study. Learn how to safely perform common procedures, refine interpretive skill, and update physical examination skills in a unique, small-group learning environment.
Waxman Clinical Skills workshop titles, descriptions, and complete schedule will be posted in the fall.
Advance Registration for Waxman Center Activities
Effectively pre-plan your meeting experience, manage your schedule, and ensure your seat for the ticketed activities you want to attend by registering in advance for Waxman Center activities. Purchase a reserved ticket ($15 per activity) to guarantee admittance to the activities of your choice, at the time you want, and avoid waiting in line. Registration for Waxman Center activities will be open in the fall.
Past Waxman Center Workshops Have Included:
- Ankle–Brachial Index by Doppler
- Chronic Leg Wound Management
- EKG Self-Guided Tour
- Foot and Ankle Disorders
- Incision and Drainage of Abscesses
- Ophthalmoscopic Skills
- Physical Examination Tutorials
- PICC Line Placement
- Skin Biopsy and Cryosurgery
- Suturing Skills
- Toenail Removal
- Ultrasound-Guided Central Line Placement
- Ultrasound-Guided Lumbar Puncture
- Ultrasound-Guided Paracentesis
- Ultrasound-Guided Thoracentesis
Clinical Skills Center Hours of Operation
Thursday, 8:30 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
Friday, 8:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
Saturday, 8:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.