The Hospital Medicine Track is unique to ACP’s Internal Medicine Meeting. The track includes over 35 scientific sessions and spans a wide selection of topics designed for physicians who primarily practice in an inpatient setting. Sessions focus on clinical issues, quality and safety, team-based approaches, transitions of care, and more.
Attending Internal Medicine Meeting 2019 offers hospitalists a choice – concentrate on sessions focused on inpatient care or pick and choose from a wide menu of topics in clinical medicine, administration, professionalism, medical informatics, hands-on skills, and more.
- Acute Coronary Syndrome Management: When the Clock Is Ticking on the Ticker
- Allergic Reactions: Urgent and Emergent Hospital Management
- Antibiotics Made Ridiculously Simple (…or at Least a Heck of a Lot Easier!)
- Care of the Pregnant Patient
- Carpe Diem: Managing the Inpatient with Seizures
- COPD and Asthma Exacerbations: Best Evidence and Best Practice
- COPD: What's New for Inpatient and Outpatient Care?
- Curbside Consultations in Infectious Diseases
- Deciphering Acid–Base Management
- Delirium Evaluation and Management in the Hospital
- Encephalitis and Meningitis: Identification and Management
- Handoffs: Improving Patient Care Transitions within the Hospital
- Hematologic Emergencies
- Hepato-Anxiety: Treating Acute Liver Failure and Decompensated Chronic Liver Failure
- Hospital and Critical Care Radiology That You Should Not Miss When the Radiologist Isn't Available
- Hypertension Management of the Inpatient: When High Isn't a Good Thing
- Initial Ventilator Management and Troubleshooting Ventilator Challenges
- Inpatient Coding: Thinking inside the Box
- Inpatient Diabetes Management: Show Me Some Sugar!
- Inpatient Heart Failure Management: Beyond the Basics
- Inpatient Pain Management in the Era of the Opioid Epidemic
- Inpatient Sickle Cell Disease Care: Managing Our Inpatients to Keep Them Outpatients
- Minimizing Medical–Legal Risk and Maintaining Inpatient Care Quality: Cases from the Trenches
- Noninvasive Ventilation and High-Flow Nasal Oxygen Therapy: Practical Evidence-Based Strategies
- Palliative Care in the Noncancer Inpatient
- Pancreatitis: Acute and Chronic Management
- Perioperative Cardiac Evaluation
- Perioperative Controversies
- Practical Electrolyte Management: Sodium, Potassium, Phosphorus, and More
- Pulmonary Hypertension: The Needle or the Haystack in Dyspnea Admissions
- Quality Improvement for the Practicing Hospitalist
- Shock and Sepsis Management to Save Lives
- Stroke and TIA: Inpatient Evaluation and Management
- Syncope Management: The Three "Es" of Care (Effective, Efficient, and Economical)
- Top 5 High-Value Care Topics in Inpatient Medicine: Things We Do for No Reason
- Update in Hospital Medicine
- VTE Challenges: A Case-Based Panel Discussion
Extend Your Learning— Attend Pre-Courses Designed for Hospitalists
Pre-Courses offer intensive learning environments and are held before the scientific meeting begins.
Tuesday, April 9 (1 day)
Wednesday, April 10 (1 day)
Tuesday, April 9 - Wednesday, April 10 (2 days)
Hands-on Learning at the Clinical Skills Center
Update your physical examination skills, gain experience with procedures not routinely performed, refine communication skills, and practice on the latest medical software at the Clinical Skills Center during the meeting.